Jikoji Retreat Center, 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, phone: (408) 741-9562
On Sundays everyone is welcome at any time. Please come, and invite your family and friends to join us!
Most guests participate in the Practice Schedule and lunch listed below.
However, anyone is welcome to relax in Jikoji's community building, enjoy our grounds, or
hike the many Open Space Trails in the area.
A $10 donation is suggested.
A white board outside the entrance to the community building
lists each Sunday's schedule and locations. Note that Jikoji sometimes hosts private retreats or rents facilities to other groups,
so some facilities may be closed to the public. On these occasions the regular Sunday
program is usually held in the small zendo,
with lunch usually at our outdoor dining area or in the Residents kitchen.
Sunday Practice Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. zazen
- 10:40 kinhin
- 10:50 zazen
- 11:30 service
- 11:40 talk
- 12:30 social lunch
- 2:00 pm Science and Buddhism Discussions
Other Sunday Activities
- Individual or group zazen instruction can be arranged on request.
On Sundays either 9:00 a.m. or after lunch works well.
Please call Jikoji at 408-741-9562 to arrange.
- Sunday afternoons may have some activity scheduled, but also are open for walks, socializing, relaxing,
classes, sewing, work projects, etc.
Guest Speakers and Dates
- April 20, John Flood, Staff Resident at Jikoji
- April 27, Peter Szydlowski, teacher/leader for COMMUNE WITH SPRING sesshin
- May 4, Joe Hall, , Jikoji Resident, priest, biker, recent Ino, design specialist
- May 11, Brie Mathers, Jikoji Resident, Founder of "Love the Skin You're In", Author/Speaker/Facilitator, seminar leader
- May 18,
- May 25, Cliff Isberg, recent Shuso, Jikoji administrator
See the Sesshins Info page for more information about sesshins.
HOMEJikoji website updated January 2014 —Technical questions, suggestions, or problems with the site? email: