Jikoji Retreat Center, 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, phone: (408) 741-9562
On Sundays everyone is welcome at any time. Please come, and invite your family and friends to join us!
Most guests participate in the Practice Schedule and lunch listed below.
However, anyone is welcome to relax in Jikoji's community building, enjoy our grounds, or
hike the many Open Space Trails in the area.
A $10 donation is suggested.
A white board outside the entrance to the community building
lists each Sunday's schedule and locations. Note that Jikoji sometimes hosts private retreats or rents facilities to other groups,
so some facilities may be closed to the public. On these occasions the regular Sunday
program is usually held in the small zendo,
with lunch usually at our outdoor dining area or in the Residents kitchen.
Sunday Practice Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. zazen
- 10:40 kinhin
- 10:50 zazen
- 11:30 service
- 11:45 talk
- 12:30 social lunch
- 2:00 pm group or individual activities
Other Sunday Activities
- Zazen instruction for individuals or groups can be arranged on request.
On Sundays either 9:00 a.m. or after lunch works well.
Please call Jikoji at 408-741-9562 to arrange.
- Sunday afternoons frequently have some activity scheduled,
but guests are welcome alternatively to hike, walk, socialize, relax, sew, or help through work projects, etc.
Guest Speakers and Dates
- July 20, Shoho Michael Newhall, Jikoji's Resident Guiding Teacher and Chief Priest
- July 27, Judy Cosgrove with Shoho Michael Newhall, as part of Kobun Memorial Sessions
- August 3, Angie Boissevain, founding teacher of Floating Zendo and ex-Director of Jikoji, as part of Floating Zendo Sesshin Aug. 1-8
- August 10, Vincent Horn, just before he leads the Buddhist Geeks conference in Boulder.
- August 17, Dan Zigmond, frequent teacher at Jikoji, father, software engineer, writer, contributing editor
- August 24, Val Szymanski, founding teacher of Bamboo in the Wind
- Nov. 9, Val Szymanski, founding teacher of Bamboo in the Wind, as part of Bamboo in the Wind's weekend sesshin at Jikoji
See the Sesshins Info page for more information about sesshins.
HOMEJikoji website updated January 2014 —Technical questions, suggestions, or problems with the site? email: